Kansas City Pipe Bursting Services
Request Your Appointment
Replacing your sewer line buried underground may be a costly, messy, and daunting task. With pipe bursting, there’s 90% less damage done to your property on average and may be completed in a fraction of time than traditional sewer line replacement methods.
What is Pipe Bursting?
The term “pipe bursting” is a less labor-intensive method that allows a homeowner to run a new sewer line without large machinery or digging. It involves bursting the clay pipe as a new pipe is placed.
What Are The Benefits of Pipe Bursting?
Traditional trenchless methods involve digging to gain access to the affected areas. The pipe bursting strategy requires an access hole dug to get the pipe through the lateral, resulting in less digging, clean-up, and damage to your property.
Pipe bursting may help reduce future costs. Traditional trenchless methods typically require heavy machinery, digging, and multiple technicians to get the job done, leaving your yard looking less than ideal. Between landscapers, new soil, grass, and other home repairs, the process may add up quickly.
A common concern when investing in a new sewer line is durability. No homeowner wants to go through the inconvenience of replacing a sewer line again. Thanks to pipe bursting, the life expectancy is beyond 50 years.
How Does Pipe Bursting Work?
The pipe bursting process involves bursting the clay pipe as a new pipe is being put in place simultaneously.
GENERAL PIPE BURSTING STEPS
- A licensed plumber will insert a video camera into your sewer line to locate the source of the problem, size, and location of the existing line.
- Dig small entry and exit points.
- Put the machine in place to feed the guide a pneumatic pump fitting at the end of a rod puller through the old pipe.
- A pneumatic head, often shaped like an arrowhead, is attached to the rod puller.
- The rod puller pulls the lead back through the old line, expands, and bursts the old pipe while pushing those pieces outward, installing the new line simultaneously.
Call A-1 for Professional Pipe Bursting Service
A-1 Sewer & Septic’s professional plumbers offer a variety of plumbing, drain, sewer, and septic services. Call for more information or an estimate today.
How Does Pipe Bursting Work?
The pipe bursting process is fairly well named, as it involves literally bursting the clay pipe as a new pipe is being put in place.
General pipe bursting steps:
- The first step is to get the machine in place to feed the guide a pneumatic pump fitting at the end of a rod puller through the old pipe.
- Then a pneumatic head, often shaped like an arrow head, is attached to the rod puller.
- As the rod puller then pulls the head back through the old pipe, head expands and bursts the old pipe, pushing those pieces outward.
- While that is happening, on the other side of the head, it is pulling the brand new pipe behind it, immediately filling in the space left by the old burst pipe.
Call The Professional Pipe Bursting Company
A-1 Sewer & Septic Service can offer a huge variety of plumbing, drain, sewer & septic services, and have professional plumbers and experts in a vast array of areas.
Call today to get additional information and to setup a professional estimate.