Maintaining a Furnace Before the Winter Months
As the weather gets colder outside, the cozier and more appealing staying inside becomes! When it is time to turn on the furnace and start preparing homes for winter weather, homeowners should take some steps to ensure that their furnace is in great shape.
Maintain Your Furnace for This Winter
Imagine returning from work, walking into the house, and having the home be freezing cold. If a furnace is not properly maintained, this may be a reality! Before turning on the furnace, plan some time to perform some routine maintenance to ensure that it stays working throughout the cold winter months.
When checking a furnace, be sure to:
- Remove dust, debris, or any combustible materials that may be stored neatly the furnace’s pilot light.
- Change the air filters in the furnace before the winter season, and replace with a new air filter every 60 to 90 days.
- Clean the air ducts of any debris and check to examine the sealing to prevent heat loss.
- Replace the oil filter in the machine to ensure clean fuel in the machine.
- Call a professional to thoroughly examine the machine and avoid an inconvenient problem in the middle of the winter.
Ensuring that a furnace is working properly prior to the colder months can prevent a home from being without heat or from accruing costly repairs later on. A-1 Sewer & Septic Service, Inc. will be happy to take a look at your furnace before the start of the winter season.
Give our family-owned plumbing business a call for your Kansas City furnace needs!