How Your Family Can Save This Year
The New Year is the time to make resolutions and enact the changes that you’d like to see moving forward. While some of the most common resolutions involve getting in shape, spending less money, and eliminating debt, there are a few less common goals that may be just as important. With a pledge to make this year better than the last, why exclude your plumbing? As you head into 2015, there are some ways that you and your family can save money and prevent serious plumbing emergencies from hurting your wallet.
Here are some helpful suggestions for 2015 plumbing resolutions:
- Placing only the appropriate waste in your home garbage disposal.
- Avoiding the use of harsh chemical drain cleaners.
- Using more eco-friendly products. For some examples by homemade natural solutions, read this blog we wrote on how to make your own natural cleaners!
- When buying new appliances, look for those that conserve energy and water.
- Replace regular capacity toilets with low-flush toilets to control water usage.
- Avoid flushing objects down the toilet that should not be placed in there, such as hair, Q-tips, wet wipes, and tissues.
- Check and maintain your hot water heater. One way to do this is by flushing your hot water heater. This blog we posted contains a step-by-step guide on flushing a hot water heater.
- Upgrade faucets in the kitchen and bathrooms to use less water.
- Pay close attention to potential plumbing problems and take actions as soon as possible.
- Schedule a plumbing inspection with the qualified team at A-1 Sewer & Septic Service, Inc.
Following these New Year’s plumbing resolutions can help you achieve your other goals, like saving money and avoiding additional debts by reducing plumbing emergencies, preserving appliances, and cutting back on utility bills. From our family to yours, Happy New Year!