Spring Cleaning Plumbing Tips
As the weather gets warmer, we have much to look forward to. Our lawns will be green again, flowers will be blooming, and the leaves on our trees will be lush and full, which not only provides shade but makes our yards look beautiful after a long winter.
For homeowners, the spring means lots of things. It means it’s time to organize garages and clean rain gutters of leaves and debris and give the inside of the house a thorough dusting and cleaning.
While you’re contemplating which flowers to plant in your yard this spring, don’t forget about your indoor plumbing, especially if your family has spent a great deal of time indoors this winter, heavily using sinks, showers, and tubs.
Just like your rain gutters, air ducts and carpets, indoor plumbing systems and sump pumps need to be periodically maintained, otherwise, you can be in for a clogged drain or toilet, a flooded basement or another preventable emergency.
Spring Plumbing Checklist
The spring is one of the best times of the year to enjoy your home and the pleasant temperatures that the weather brings, so don’t let a plumbing failure cause you trouble. Follow these tips to protect your home from unexpected plumbing problems before they arise.
- Check all drains for clogs.
- Check all faucets for leaks, which can waste thousands of gallons of water.
- Check your water, does it get nice and hot?
- Is your garbage disposal in tip-top shape?
- Are your dishes heavily spotted? If so, you may want to consider a water softener.
- Are there any foul odors in your bathrooms that won’t go away?
- Think, have you cleaned your sump pump lately?
- How old is your hot water heater? Does it still work great?
- Does your toilet keep clogging?
- Do any of your sink drains smell like rotten eggs?
- Check for water damage on ceilings or walls.
- Can you hear a plumbing leak in your wall?
- Make sure there are no bird nests, leaves or small animals in your plumbing vent pipes.
If after checking your indoor plumbing, you discover that you need help clearing a clog, repairing a leak, or addressing another issue, reach out to the Kansas City plumbers at A-1 Sewer & Septic Service Inc. for superior service.
Remember, maintenance and prevention are key to taking care of your plumbing and keeping costs down, so give us a call today!