If your home or business uses a septic system, holding system, or even a grease trap system, chances are you will eventually need a professional to address any problems.
Before researching just any plumbing company that simply offers “septic services”, it’s smart to begin researching with a plan. How do you know a company is a good choice for septic service if you’re not sure what you should look for when researching? Here is your answer.
Services That a Good Septic Company Offers
Many plumbing companies offer “septic” service to their customers but often take on the job knowing they’re not fully experienced in all things septic. When choosing a good septic company, homeowners need to understand there is more to having a septic tank than simply a septic tank pumping. Septic systems are more complex than most are aware of, which is why a it’s essential to offer specific solutions to any specific problems a homeowner may have. Below is a suggestive list of the services, not ranked in any order, a good septic company should offer:
Septic Tank Pumping: This one is a no-brainer. Without the use of pumping a septic tank, then the company shouldn’t be able to label itself as a septic company. Pumping services and the removal of any wastewater solids are essential services that should be offered.
Septic Tank Cleaning: Depending on how full or backed up a septic tank is, septic tank cleanings are good to have after the septic tank is pumped. This is typically an additional service companies offer in order to ensure all wastewater is cleaned out completely.
Septic Tank Maintenance: Septic System Maintenance can include a variety of services lumped into one. Septic system work can include general cleanout services, especially if there is active clogging in the septic tank system. Other septic system work includes septic tank repair, drain field repair, septic tank camera video inspection, and other services. Septic tank maintenance can also include a subscription service customers can take advantage of. Many septic companies offer an annual plan to their customers that will automatically schedule a septic tank pumping for the customer. Many customers choose to take advantage of subscription services so they do not forget to schedule a pumping and have to deal with the consequences that can occur from a full tank.
Septic Tank Installation: Because of the extensive planning and work that goes into installing a new septic tank, not all septic companies have the capacity to include it within their services. A more experienced septic company will offer septic system installation in addition to septic tank pumping services.
Grease Trap Pumping: Grease trap pumping is a great additional service for a septic company to provide, but it isn’t always offered. Grease trap pumping services is different from regular wastewater pumping. Grease trap pumping is traditionally used by businesses and restaurants to clear out any full or clogged grease traps. Since grease is a different type of solid than wastewater, it requires its own separate method of removal that not all companies offer.
Top 7 Qualities of a Good Septic Company
If your home or business uses a septic system in Kansas City, chances are you will eventually need a professional to address any problems. A-1 Sewer & Septic Service professionals provide tank pumping, upkeep, and repairs. Major tasks require experience, so if you’re in need of a septic repair Kansas City contractors offer, here are the top qualities to look for:
- Proven track record: The contractor should have plenty of years of experience. Look for one that has been in business for at least a decade. They should have a trail of satisfied customers and a reputation backed by recommendations, testimonials, and online reviews.
- Knowledge: An openness to sharing information is a quality to look for. This is true whether they’re installing a new system, fixing a problem, or conducting routine maintenance.
- Honesty: In business, honesty is important. It builds trust and contributes to a good reputation; the septic contractor should provide a written out plan of what they’ll do, with all the costs listed.
- On-Time Professionalism: A company that shows up to do the job on time and completes the job in a timely manner is a company that respects the customer’s time and budget.
- Good customer service: Be sure the contractor and company can provide you with the appropriate information and that they keep good records.
- Comprehensive services: Aside from septic tank repair, the company should have good communication in installations, preventative maintenance, and other plumbing services. That way, you know you can depend on them for other projects.
- Equipment: A well-equipped septic system contractor works efficiently, installs high-quality parts and avoids damage that may be costlier than the repair.
There aren’t too many companies that have the highly rated reviews, level of knowledge, and equipment to check off each box in the list above. But there is only one company that has been serving the Greater Kansas City Area with complete plumbing, drain cleaning, and sewer repairs since 1968 and checks off each box. A-1 Sewer and Septic has the years of experience and customer satisfaction to be your choice for a septic company. With A-1 Sewer and Septic as your chosen septic service provider, you’re not only getting upfront and affordable pricing, but you’re also getting a workmanship guarantee. Because at A-1, we equip and train our team to complete the job right the first time.
A-1 Sewer and Septic Service offer residents in Kansas City a complete list of pumping services that includes:
- Septic Tanks: Quality septic service, septic tank installation & septic tank cleaning
- Holding Tank pumping & cleaning
- Grease trap cleaning & Interceptors cleaning
- Wash Bay pumping & cleaning
- Car Wash Mud Pits pumping & cleaning
- Basement/Crawlspace pumping & sump pump installation & repair
- Storm Drain & Storm Water pumping & cleaning
- Drain cleaning, sewer cleaning, sewer line repair & sewer line installation